Old May 11th 04, 03:30 PM
Lou

"Mark" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 May 2004 01:46:01 -0400, w2rac wrote:

Only if the person has a speakerphone, or the volume up to much.

Then you cant help hearing them as they YELL at the caller.

I hate NEXTEL (speakerphone and the beeping) and stupid people who
dont turn down the volume!!!! They dont even realise they are yelling
into the phone.

Or the stupid Nextel users who don't realize they can shut off the

loudspeaker
and hold it like a normal cell phone? The difference is you just use the

PTT
button....

What ****es me off, is in council meetings where one individual "always"
gets a Nextel call. You would think he would turn it off for the short time
we meet OR tell them not to call, he won't be available or plain turn the
damned thing off. That is very distracting to see and hear when important
issues are being discussed. I swear, I "think" some do this crap to impress
others. "I" could give a **** less. It isn't something "new" that you just
"have to flash".

Lou