Old May 12th 04, 07:39 AM
Mediaguy500

Planning a trip to an airshow in Canada this summer. Wondering if any
problems are known to exist using a portable scanner in Canada or with
Customs entering from or departing to the USA via automobile

I only know what happened to me. Going on aa trip to Canada, after examing the
two radios I had with me, after asking me about them and me telling them (the
border patrol) about them, they let me take the scanner across, but wouldn't
let me take my shortwave radio across and told me radios that tune between 1620
khz and 30 mhz are illegal in Canada, and that shortwave radios are ilegal in
Canada, and then they confiscated my shortwave radio.

They also told me that I would get it back when I came back across the border
back into the U.S. However, I never got it back when I came back across and
wasn't able to because it had been confiscated as "illegal goods".