Old August 13th 03, 05:03 AM
W5DXP

Dr. Slick wrote:
Would these be the termination resistors to ground, one for each
directional coupler?

Yes

I would think that you would have to adjust the
width of the traces as well, or the thickness of the dielectric
material, or the space between the couplers and the thru-line to use
it for an impedance other than 50 Ohms (talking about commercial
equipment, that is).

I use a toroid to sense the RF current and an R=Z0 resistor to turn it
into a voltage. I have a capacitive voltage divider on the RF voltage
which is adjustable for calibration purposes. The only real difference
between it and a 50 ohm SWR meter is the internal load resistor. It's
actually a bridge circuit with a Z0 reference resistor. Unfortunately,
it is not very accurate for the relatively high SWRs that I run on my
ladder-line, e.g. 4:1 to 16:1
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp