Old May 16th 04, 01:33 AM
George Blomfield

On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:03:30 GMT, Dwayne wrote:

In article ,
says...
Just got the Winradio WR-1550e at Dayton Hamvention. It's AWESOME!!!

George

What makes it so awesome? I am getting ready to head down to Dayton when
the weather clears a bit and still dont know what radios to get :/
--

I don't know where to start... :-)

The software strikes you first: It looks and feels really
professionally crafted. Heaps of features, fantastic spectrum
analyzer, etc.

I have just downloaded a few of what they call "XRS plugins" from
http://xrs.winradio.com . Heaps of useful functions - for free.

The performance is excellent. The receiver is very sensitive, and a
fast scanner. The mechanical design is robust and elegant. Clear
concise user's manual, and the beautiful packaging is an absolute
overkill. So far, I got more than I expected. I'd give it 5 stars.

BTW I got myself the optional Advanced Digital Suite too,
it has many different analyzers and decoders, and I got a very good
package deal on it... ;-) It will take me some time to get through
all the functions, so far I tried the Advanced Signal Conditioner
which has heaps of graphically adjustable filters. IMHO this feature
alone is well worth the money, but there are many more...

Hope this helps.

George

PS Cold and rainy at Dayton today. Not much joy in the outdoors flee
market!