Old May 21st 04, 04:33 PM
Volker Tonn

David Clark schrieb:

Well I can, actually, because I have both. The PCR case is made of
cheap folded sheet metal. When I bought it, it was already slightly
rusty inside. The WR1550e is housed in a beautiful, solidly made,
powder-coated aluminium extrusion. It does show that this manufacturer
has attention to detail.

Do you have any comparision how these things compete in pure receiving
skills on shortwave and on VHF-AIR, weather-sat receiving?
I do not(!) want to speak on the software capabilities :-)
I have the PCR1000 and I use 3rd party soft for decoding and the ICOM
soft for tuning and swwitching the PCR so far as some decoding progs do
not support remote control of the PCR1000.