Old May 23rd 04, 05:46 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I just want to know the reflection physics in the Tx, no antenna tuner, just
a mismatched antenna. I recall no pysics book that tell me how the
reflection sees the transmitter.
73
Hank WD5JFR
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking!
"Tdonaly" wrote in message
Henry wrote,

I know that any power not dissipated by an antenna is reflected back to

the
transmitter. Then the transmitter "reflects" this reflection back to
antenna, ad nauseum until its all gone. I also know that a short or an

open
is required to reflect power and I'm searching for which it is, an open

or a
short. I'm inclined to think it's a virtual open but I'm at a loss to
understand that and I wonder if someone has a good explanation or analogy
and some math wouldn't hurt.
tnx
Hank WD5JFR

This post is guaranteed to get Cecil revivified. Here's a hint: quit

thinking
solely in
terms of power, that's for fellows who want to explain how it all works

without
going into
any of the complicated details. Get an undergraduate physics text that
discusses
waves, and read it, or, better yet, take a class. Take all explanations

you
read in
amateur publications with a grain of salt. After you've done this, you

still
won't be
able to argue with Cecil, because that requires an extensive knowledge of

the
moronic,
unfair, and downright pathalogical debating techniques of which Cecil is a
master.
But, it will be harder for you to fall for some of the crackpot ideas

you're
liable to
read on this newsgroup, and it will give you something to think about when
sipping
your after-dinner port.

73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH