Old May 23rd 04, 06:43 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I thought filaments produced photons/light waves as well. You took me to
light now you want to leave!
Come on I just want a good basic understand on what it is the the Tx
reflects the power , how it does it and a little simple math. My dad used
to say if you can't explain something you think you know to someone else it
might because you don't understand it yourself or lack command of the
language. In this case for me it's both.
73
Hank WD5JFR
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Henry Kolesnik wrote:
OK, if we shine a flashlight at a mirror the light bounces back and what
ever is caught by the reflector will be reflected. Take away the

reflector
and the reflection just keeps going. If someone can tell me what the

hot
filament does perhaps I can understand what happens in the finals, or
whatever.

The hot filament provides a source of electrons. How many
electrons are emitted depends on the instantaneous voltages
on the other elements, the plate and grids. Reflected waves
have an effect on those instantaneous voltages but IMO,
there's not much sense in pursuing the "filament" line of
reasoning.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp