Old June 10th 04, 03:02 AM
Mike T.

Interesting thread! Although I'm slightly OT - what is the current
designation of the Presidential Limo when the Commander and Chief is aboard?

Surely, it's no longer the SFX100, (poor memory) or one of those Kennedy
years callsigns? Also, from the pix I've seen of Presidential Motorcades,
there are tons of big, black Chevy Blazers doing escort and the Prez Limo
itself seems to have few antennas. Again, I'm only going from memory - but
has anyone heard a 'sitting' President or support crew tx'ing from the
actual limo?

During some G-4 conferences here in Canada, I've been told some CSIS and SS
comms have been heard. But, nothing 'heavy', just things like: "Position of
#1 is secure"...or "Escort #2, reply on channel 3". (Of course, channel "3"
was encrypted and unlistenable) A good thing considering our recent history
of terrorism.

Anyway, just wondering...
MT

"David" wrote in message
SAM 28 thousand.

On 09 Jun 2004 12:09:15 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Wed 09 Jun 2004 03:16:57a, (Patty Winter) wrote

in
message :

I keep hearing that "Air Force One" will be carrying Pres. Reagan's
casket between California and Washington, D.C., but it won't really
be using that callsign, will it? Won't it just be "Air Force 28000"
(or 29000)?

If anyone hears it on Wednesday or Friday, please post a followup to
this query. I'm not in its flight path so won't be able to listen for
it myself.

Patty

I think it was yesterday that the major news outlets were mentioning that
Bush was sending one of the planes that serves as "Air Force One" to

provide
transportation. It is only "Air Force One" when the current President is

on
board. Otherwise, it's just a very nice ride with whatever designator the

Air
Force normally bestows upon it.

-=jd=-