Old May 23rd 04, 10:49 PM
Henry Kolesnik

My original question nor any subsequent questions included or even hinted
"conjugate match." SWR was not in the original question either but later as
it applies to ghosting or smearing transmitted TV pix. Again is it an open,
or short and if not what is it or can't it be explain becasue no one knows?
I guess may Sunday is a day of relaxation for minds that know!
73
Hank WD5JFR
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Henry, the trouble is nobody can understand your questions. This is

because
a "conjugate match" is not relevant. And that's because the internal
impedance of the transmitter is an unknown quantity.

The sole purpose of the so-called SWR meter is to indicate whether or not
transmitter is loaded with 50 ohms.

Can anyone suggest what else it USEFULLY indicates? What else does anyone
need to know?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote
Not much but neither does much of this thread regarding my original

query.
I hope someone that understands the question can answer in a way that my
feeble brain can comprehend. At least we're eliminating what's not the
answer.
73
Hank WD5JFR

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Cec et al, what have circulators, S-parameters, etc. to do with HF ?