Old May 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
Cecil Moore

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
Then why can high SWR on a TV Tx cauuse ghosts or smearing on the TV Rx?

Hank, You're preaching to the choir, asking me that question.
I don't like that definition but if you poll the gurus on this
newsgroup, most will say that reflected power that is incident
upon the transmitter was never generated in the first place.
(Never mind the ghosting that they can see with their own eyes.)

Lots of steady-state ills can be swept under the rug by assuming
nothing but fixed frequency sine waves with zero modulation. A
guru's answer to you question is that "ghosting is not steady-
state". :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp