Old June 13th 04, 11:00 PM
SubHumanGuy

Default Can 2.4 ghz (or higher) wireless phones be monitored?

Hello,

I have an unusual situation. My neighbor let it slip a few weeks ago
that he had purchased a scanner many years ago capable of listening in
on wireless phones. Obstensibly, he did this because he had a son
that was getting into trouble by hanging out with a bad crowd, and he
wanted to listen in on his telephone conversations so that he could
interdict any bad behavior.

One of our phones is an older 900mhz cordless, and I have advised my
wife that given our current neighbor that talking on this phone should
be considered tantamount to using the phone in their house. A few
months ago, we bought 2.4 ghz wireless phones with the understanding
that they were harder to scan. I am beginning to wonder about this.
Can any of the new scanners be modified to scan 2.4 ghz or higher? I
don't think my neighbor would go to these extremes, but you never
know.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,
BK in Dallas