Old June 19th 04, 06:46 AM
Donald K

If your current radio meets the standard, it already has those tags.

The list of existing codes, as well as their NWS status, can be found
here...
http://weather.gov/os/eas_codes.htm

Cheers,

-Donald

Axl wrote:

Yeah, that's why I was wondering...because of the pre-programed tags.

I dont think mine has the ability to add new ones...this is why I
thought maybe a new one would be necessary.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:27:16 -0700, Donald K
wrote:
My Midland has the capability of adding new "tags" for new
messages/message types. I think this is what they're probably talking
about.

There are already "civil emergency warning" "radiation hazard warning"
"nuclear power plant warning" "law enforcement warning" "child
abduction warning" etc in the SANE standard.

-Donald

--
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable