Old June 26th 04, 11:48 PM
john wilson

No, no, no. He needs a 12VDC block. Avcom-Ramsey sells them but they
are pricey. DownEast Microwave makes a good one. I have used them for
GOES and INMARSAT reception. You will have the choice of what type of
connectors to have monitored. I prefer the female "N" connectors and use
a "N" to female "F". Grove Enterprises sells the adapters. Your other
connector choice will be the BNC. Do a Google search for Avcom-Ramsey and
try www.downeastmicrowave.com. Buy the 12VDC power supply, 3 amp model is
fine from Radio Shack.

Donald K wrote:

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

AR makes lots of other nice products too. In fact, I would
consider their web site to be dangerous to one's checkbook.

Yup, just lookie here... Broadband preamp...
http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page47.html

Hummm... Put one of those puppies right underneath the D130J... ^_^

-Donald
--
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright