Old July 4th 04, 11:00 PM
WG

I don't know what world you live in but in the US the cell companies have
been hiding behind that stupid law and not fully changing over to digital. I
can always find someone to listen to on the US cell bands.

It was the FCC in the US that put that law into effect and all TV signals in
the US will have to be digital by 2006. That means that if you don't have a
digital ready TV now you will have to have a set top box. That is also why
the TV manufactures are dumping the analogue TVs with some giving them away
to clear the stock. The good point to this is that they can stack 4 or 5
channels on one signal taking up less band width also less or no
interference. Also better clarity and sound that is not do-able with
analogue. Satellite TV is already digital with the set top box so they are
years ahead of many of the rest.

Of course not.
The whole world uses digital cell phones, digital Television, wideband
high-speed internet.

Although I understand that Mainland China is going fully digital TV by
2006, wonder how long it will take us to do that?

Dave