Old July 14th 04, 05:03 AM
Mediaguy500

Listening to local cordless phones, if that is your thing - would provide
better listening. At least you have a snow ball's chance in hell of knowing
who they are, and the things they speak of will be more localized. Hell, ya
might even hear them talk about YOU.

I'm not sure if this is funny or sad. I'm going to have to go for "sad".

Our neighbor was complaining to us becaue relatives of hers somehow found out
information that she didn't want them to know.

And she was telling us we better not talk to anyone else at all about her.
(this wasn't anything to do with cordless, cell, or scanner. She meant verbally
in person).

She thought we told them.

Well, what she doesn't know is that she herself is broadcasting the information
right in the 900 mhz ham radio band.

Ham radio operators could have heard her. And scaner listeners could also have
heard her.

I listen to the 900 mhz band for ham radio, not for phone calls.