Old July 14th 04, 04:51 AM
Mediaguy500

Yep, Try scanning between 869 to around 880 mhz WFM

interesting because people told me that my scanner which does not cover the
cell phone band was picking up images of cell phone calls in the 990 mhz
aircraft band.

Yet the signals of these "images of cell phone calls" were in narrow FM mode
and also AM mode.

That is, some were NFM and some were AM.

None were in wide FM mode.

They did all frequency hop.

There were some (a couple) of cordless phones in wide fm in the 900 mhz ham
band (one of them our own cordless phone), but most of these were only in
narrow fm mode and did not frequency hop. none in AM mode as I recall. These
were on the correct frequency however, instead of images.

I wasn't listening to cordless phones. I was listening for ham radio operators.
I don't know why the government assigned phone calls that are illegal to listen
to to the legal to listen to ham bands where you can't but help hear them when
you're listening for hams.

It just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

and in the 990 mhz band, I was listening for airband signals, not cell phones.

phone calls are very boring, anyways.