Old July 22nd 04, 10:24 AM
Carl Frisk

I bought a PRO-95 and since they didn't have the cable in stock decided to read the manual. I'm glad I did. It is easy
to program and I now have a greater understanding on how to operate it. I found more than enough local freq's on the
net. I was listening to our local police (trunked) within an hour. I've been very happy with the scanner.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Paul Hirose" wrote in message ...
Jmcc wrote:

I saw a Radio Shack flyer saying the PR-95 was $199.95 and they would
"instantly" program in my local channels.
One place said their computer was down, another said they did not have the
software, another place said only if I purchase the cable and the book with

Is it really that important to get the scanner pre-loaded with local
frequencies? Less than 2 months ago I bought a PRO-95 and didn't even
bother to ask if they could load it. Though I never owned a scanner
before, it was easy to find frequencies with the Internet and
the scanner's search function. In fact, the amount of traffic would be
unbearable if I didn't keep some channels locked out.

--

Paul Hirose
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.