Old August 11th 04, 11:49 PM
Rikki

OH! el contrare mona me!

I know, rotten French ha ha..

even a rubber ducky has a gain. That is a gain over an "isotropic force".
Some manufactures of antennae rate the gain as gain over a vertical dipole
and some rate theirs over an isotropic force. The higher gain antennas are
probably rated as xx gain over an isotropic force. Isotropic force is a
imaginable antenna in free space and is used for just this reason.
Realistically, there is no gain on a non directional antenna.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
A discone has no gain. Added to that, the loss factor of 75' of coax (I
don't care if it is 9913), and you will end up with a very disappointing
antenna system.

Bill Crocker

"Moonraker" wrote in message
om...
I recently bought a Hustler Discone Monitor Antenna (Part # HUS-DCX).
I am thinking of placing it inside my attic (using 75' of 9913 coax)
for easy installation and protection from the elements. I'm in a
Houston, TX suburb where signals come in good with the stock antenna
on my scanner. Can anyone tell me if this antenna setup will be
sufficient or have any advice for placement and easy installation
without going on top of my roof? Thanks