Old August 15th 04, 09:06 PM
Mike Tschel.

Default Alinco DJ-X5

Hi Folks,

Now, I realize this scanner is fairly old - but I was really hoping someone
would come to my rescue on a semi-technical question.

I've owned the unit for several years and while it's a decent enough radio,
I still have no idea how or when to use the 'voice inversion' feature. Since
everything I like to monitor comes in A/OK - I'm at the point of of thinking
this 'feature' is of no use. (To me anyway)

What do you experts use it for when scanning? Is it something that might
enhance *my* scanning fun in some way? (I listen to everything, but my
favorites are Police, Fire, Rail and Air)

What is this feature and does it help when scanning "generic" radio comms?

Thanks as always.
Mike