Old August 17th 04, 11:24 PM
Wired Gargoyle

Mark wrote in news:8p4af01aqem8bqpcbiar9d519q66vojgav@
4ax.com:

On 9 Jul 2004 18:21:25 -0700, (Jim) wrote:

Is it really possible to use a scanner without being exposed?

Perhaps you should wear better fitting clothes.

There are some pretty small scanners available, I'm currently using an Icom
R5 which is about the size of the smaller cellphones out today. You can get
very small general use antennas as well, I use a 3/4inch one and a 1.5inch
one for most things. Plug a discreet earphone into it and route the wire
through your jacket and it looks as though your using a handsfree
cellphone.

Also, take a look at the Scott E-Vest
http://www.scottevest.com/ for
clothing that is somewhat 'stealthy' for carrying gear.

--
ICQ: 4304313
Gadgets: Zen 20Gb/Shure E2/Ipaq 3850/Sharp 702