Old August 18th 04, 01:20 PM
ScanMan

Hey thanks very much - will add that one to my list

"Jeff Multer" wrote in message

opinions on
the best local AM emergency broadcast station?

WFLA / 970 did a good job with hurricane coverage last week, before

Charley
came ashore. I can't tell you how good they are with traffic, news and

weather
on a normal basis, though.

Interestingly, Clear Channel apparently fed WFLA's audio to some of the

other
AM and FM Clear Channel stations in the Tampa area during last Friday.

WFLA uses different directional antenna patterns day and night, but I

can't
advise of how well their signal covers the Tampa region or state.

They also webcast, which is what I was listening to last Friday, and the

server
connection was very solid throughout the day and evening. The audio level
varied alot, though, and they transitioned between the studio

personalities,
location reports and commercials.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.