Old August 18th 04, 04:14 PM
Donald K

Um,

Can you define what you mean by "trunking?" Do you mean listening to
monitoring systems that are trunked, or do you mean using trunked ham
radio systems? (I which case I've got a WHOLE BUNCH more questions to
ask...)

I am unaware of any hams using trunking for ham systems. Thus there is
little drive to include trunking features into ham HTs.

-D

ScanMan wrote:

Funny, most hams I know are into trunking big time. But, most hams I
know are only into vhf/uhf comms as well. I suppose your observation
would be the fact for most gen/extra class hams who operate mostly on
HF. Haven't heard too many of them discuss trunking on their nets or
elsewhere. Good point there.

"Donald K" wrote in message
ScanMan wrote:

As
soon as they come out with a trunk-tracking extended receive quad
band amateur transceiver I am SOLD heh

Don't hold your breath. Trunking is an anathema to most hams.

--
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable