Old August 21st 04, 06:02 PM

Default Texas Balloon Launch Team (BLT) to fly ham radio and GPS thiss...

thanks. I have a ham tv reciever I bought (not a transmitter, just a
reciever). and

in order to find out when some such transmissions were scheduld, I
attempted to subscribe to Amateur TV Quartery magazine. filled out the
form and mailed it, But

All I got back was a letter (and returned uncancelled check, still good.
didn't bounce) saying that "ATVQ magazine is only for ham operatrors"
and that since I'm not a ham, I"m "not allowed to subscribe to ATVQ"
and that "no further discssions will be made on this issue" and that all
attempted future discussions on this issue "will be ignored'.

my comments on this: 1. On the plus side, at least they're not
money-greedy since they didn't even try to cash my check.

2. On the minus side, they're obviously the type of hams of the mind
that "we're an exclusivve group and we don't want any new members. Only
already existing members are allowed in."

Unfortunately, I missed attempting to see the launch at the scheduled
time. (I was too busy sleeping. )

However, I don't think I would have been able t see or hear any of those
particuar rasmissins today anyways as I think Im way over 300 miles away
from the transmitters anyways.

and phooey on ATVQ.

I can attempt to find planned ATV transmissions elsewhere, thanks to the
internet.

they're the ones that lost money by refusing to let me subscribe to
their magazine. which also saved me the same amount of money since I
was able to use the money elsewhere.

so it wasn't any=A0great loss to me. It actually saved me some money.