Old August 26th 04, 11:16 PM
juny

Thanks guys,

I have opened the unit up (thanks to disassembly instructions for a
mod that I found when doing a "Google" for the unit) and everything
looked OK as far as no corrosion as far as I can determine.

There are no programmed frequencies left after doing a "reset" with
the internal reset button, however I was able to program some
frequencies (including the NOAA ones) into the unit. I tried scanning
and nothing caused the scanner to stop on a station, which is VERY
unusual.

By the way, I have a NOAA (Midland) emergency radio - including
regular weather forecasts - in the same room and it is OK, no problem.

This leads me to believe that the frequencies that I see are NOT the
actual frequencies, otherwise I should get something (I would think).

Maybe a crystal is bad (there are two on the top board) but I do not
have a schematic, but a parts list is available through Radio Shack.
Not sure where the parts are available from, especially in ones or
twos. Parts places usually want to sell 25 or more at a time.

I hate to take it back to the "Shack" and have them tell me that parts
are no longer available, OR that it will take a bank loan to afford
the repairs!

Thanks for your suggestions fellows, maybe someone can recommend a
good repair person who doesn't charge an arm and a leg to look at it.
I am retired and must watch where I allocate my retirement monies - of
course that is true even if you are still working!

I was unable to check for replies until now (busier that when I was
working), so my reply is a little late to both of you. As I said,
thanks for the recommendations.

juny