Old August 28th 04, 03:27 AM
Matt

No problems Juny, unless I have a radio that is definitely worth it, I do
not send them to the average repairers, but fortunately I have a couple of
contacts who actually do repair work for free (or a case of beer) and I have
also learnt by trial and error how to fix some of the problems myself. With
an older scanner like yours, I would probably cut my losses and upgrade
(always a good excuse).

Cheers

Matt

"juny" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:19:15 +1000, "Matt"
wrote:

Not sure exactly sure if it is worth the scanner being repaired or not -

may
not be economically viable, but there are some reasonable pages on the

net
(below) that may be of assistance in helping you to fix the problem. I
suspect that unless you can find someone who does repairs for the

enjoyment
of it rather than for a living (there are some of those around, but few

and
far between), it would probably be cheaper to replace your scanner than

fix
it.

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...nics/28537.htm
http://www.iinc.com/ggcomm/xtals.html

Matt

Matt,
Thanks for the links. I knew about the RS one, bit the other has a
multitude of other helpful info about repairs, Used and new units "on
special", so I may look into another one from the site owner (and
repair man, etc.). His basic repair rate for my type is $45.00 plus
parts and he wants an email with a description of how it is acting
before he will accept it for repair PLUS there is a 4 to 6 week
turnaround! WOW, maybe I should buy one of his $99.99 specials!

I am bookmarking the site. Maybe I can get a couple of bucks discount
by sending him my old one! - He is looking for a PRO - 39 and 43, so
maybe he will take my '37.

Hey, thanks again Matt.

juny