Old August 29th 04, 07:18 PM
Bill Crocker

Default Major CTCSS Bug in the new BC898T

May not be a bug. Possibly you have a defective radio. I've been using the
BC898-T for several weeks now, and I have CTCSS programmed where applicable,
and it's been working flawlessly!

Bill Crocker

"Larry" wrote in message
After awhile (usually a few hours), the scanner stops decoding CTCSS
tones. The scanner will no longer stop on channels programmed with
CTCSS/DCS. Searching for tones will no longer work either. Turning
the radio off and on temporarily fixes the problem, but then it
returns. Check out the BC898T Yahoo group and StrongSignals for more
info. I'm waiting for a reply from Uniden on their repair policy.