Old August 31st 04, 11:17 PM
Willcox

Sandy Hoff wrote:

Hi guys,

Long time listener, first time caller here.
I have a question.
Is it legal to carry a police scanner in my car?

If it's not illegal, but it can be like incriminating evidence / Small
time drug dealers use them a lot. There's a world of difference in how
the police view it between having one in your home or having it in your
car. Why would you have one IN YOUR CAR either to evade police or go to
crime scenes?

I have no interest in monitoring the police.

Why would you need it in your car just to know what's going on?

I have the scanner in case TSHTF and I need to hear what's going on.
Wind direction and weather from KEC83, local radio, instructions. That
sort of thing.

A good AM radio can pick up AM stations a long way away.