Old September 2nd 04, 12:28 AM
PNTX

This may be of help
http://marksscanners.home.comcast.net/93_95/95-1.html

http://rsproscanners.proboards22.com/index.cgi

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc66/66366.htm

"nyte tech" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:38:56 +0000, TlgtrProd wrote:

Since you have a computer you can program youself. There is FREE

software at
www.starsoft.com and a cable can be found at www.blackbagsoftware.com (I

don't
think RS even carries either anymore.) There are lots of sites that

will give
you frequency lists.

As for the channel bank 'locking up' there are some channels (control

channels
I think-BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT-so if I am wrong I hopefully will be

corrected)
that are constant static and the scanner never gets by it. My

suggestion would
be to lock out all channel banks but the problem one and watch for which
individual channel/frequency is causing the problem...and just lock that
channel out. I had the same problem and that's how I fixed it for me.

Good Luck-I have a Pro95 and have been very happy with it. I got the
programming software and cable and it makes it VERY easy to attach alpha

tags
to every frequency in addition to changing stuff. I use mine for races

also
and have been able to adjust quickly before I go to different series.

OK enough ramblings...post if you have more questions....

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Thanks Kevin!!
I've ordered the cable from Black Bag!!
I suspect I have a static freq in there that is locking things up.
I'll go searching and let ya know!
Thanks for the advice
Post left in tact so others may benefit from the great info!!

NT