Old September 2nd 04, 12:26 AM

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:21:25 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:54:24 GMT, Sandy Hoff
wrote:

Is it legal to carry a police scanner in my car?

It varys by state. Some places its illegal to carry a scanner without
a ham license. Michigan for one unless they changed it.

You might check the archives of this group for a recent thread
using the words "mobile" and "installed" There was an issue in some
state over language in the law about requiring mobile scanners to be
"installed" i.e., does a simple lighter power plug constitute
"installed" or must it be hard-wired and non-removable?

Gunner

"She's (my daughter) already dating a sex offender.
Better that than a republican fundie neocon fascist."
FF, (alt.machines.cnc)