Old May 24th 04, 08:03 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
We both know that momentum and energy must be conserved. We just
disagree agree on how nature chooses to do that.

Well then, please enlighten us, Jim. How does nature choose to
reverse the momentum in the wave reflected from a mismatched
source? It is obvious that the wave reflected from a mismatched
source has momentum in the rearward direction. Exactly what
reverses that momentum? Please be specific. Remember that standing
waves prove that the rearward-traveling wave exists in reality and
thus possesses energy and momentum in the rearward direction, both
of which must be conserved.

Maybe you should read _Microwave_Transmission_ by J. C. Slater
before you continue?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp