Old September 4th 04, 08:09 PM
JunkMan

Why not get a Uniden? So you don't have to put up with Radio Shacks BS.
The 250d with out the digital card is about the same price.
Go to ( scanner world .com ) and have a look.

I saw a Radio Shack flyer saying the PR-95 was $199.95 and they would
"instantly" program in my local channels.
One place said their computer was down, another said they did not have

the
software, another place said only if I purchase the cable and the book

with
the CD containing frequencies, the other place said I would purchase it

and
leave it with them for a week and they would do it in a week.
Unfortunately, I did not call ahead and expected it would be done. I

sent an
e-mail to customer service at RS.
Could anyone give me a recommendation on this offer or about another
scanner?

One of the rat shacks near me actually seems like one of the jamokes

there has
1/2 a brain. The have one of the 95's already programmed with all the

local
freqs and state pd trunk. They will take your new unit out of the box,

use the
patch cable between it and their "demo" and in about 45 seconds, your

scanner is
duped from the demo.

Certainly no effort or time for someone who has a clue, but we are

talking about
shack employees.....

When I bought one last year, the shop I got it in said that
could do it but didn't have the current software. Nearer home, the
duds behind the counter had no idea what I was asking about. I finally
went to the first place, in a different county and all they could do
was load in their own frequency sets, which they did at no charge and
no extra purchase.

Check the ads -- they may specify it as free.