Old September 6th 04, 05:04 PM
Buzzygirl

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
"Buzzygirl" wrote:

Hah. You don't remember the case of the kid who was an ARES worker a
few years ago... had an RS HTX-202, which had no out-of-band
capabilities at all, cop stopped him, kerchunked his radio and --
surprise! -- it desensed his police radio. Confiscation and charges
ensued.

No, I didn't hear about that. Our tax dollars at work.

(Local situation is much better and I am an ARES member. Cops here
actually treat us with respect, and get the same in return.)

Fortunately, I believe it's the same way here, at least with several PDs
I've worked with. They have actually requested the assistance of a couple of
local clubs I've belonged to when there've been local fairs and large
events. I also belong to a club that works directly with county public
emergency personnel. Perhaps this is the exception rather than the rule.

Jackie