Old September 9th 04, 08:33 PM
Jim Hackett

Too bad the ST-2 omits the milair freqs :~( I almost ordered one till I
read a DETAILED frequency coverage (30-50, 148-174, 440-470, 470-512,
800-912 MHz) Most stores list it as 30-1300 which isn't quite the same...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
I have one of these, and while I'm not expert, it does a wonderful job for
me. I've never used a discone, so I have no way to compare the two...
However, you can buy this antenna from other sources for HALF (or a little
more than half) the price they want at the site that was originally linked
to...

http://www.starkelectronic.com/acantena.htm#ST2
http://www.valcoelectronics.com/scanner/scanner.htm
http://www.radiooutfitter.com/store/ST2.html
http://www.warrenelectronics.com/antennas/scanner_1.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ants/2732.html

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ers.com,
says...
I need some help choosing an antenna for my
base station police scanner.
any suggestion (pros or cons) would be appreciated

This is what you want. Will blow away about any other omni antenna out
there. Light years ahead of a discone.

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

BDK