Old September 12th 04, 03:13 PM
Phil X

Here's a link to a small sound file to hear what it sounds like.

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~frydrych/hum.WAV

Thanx
Phil

Phil X wrote:

Hello fellow amateurs.

I've had my FT-847 for about 4 years, used it very lightly.

Recently I've experienced very strange audio reception. When I listen to
some VHF repeaters (after TXing) I hear strong and very annoying
"scrambled eggs" or " popcorn" sound. It's most usually on the repeaters
I receive lower then S-5. This is very elusive and happens rarely, and
it's always unpredictable when it will kick in. When I listen to the
same freq. on a scanner, the audio is clear and hams I spoke w/ on the
repeater don't experience this sound. This narrows it down to the
reception inside my radio.

Any help concerning this would be greatly appreciated.

73's.
Phil

PS please remove NOSPAM_ before @hotmail