Old September 13th 04, 08:19 PM
Jim Hackett

PCR-1000 deaf? You must have gotten a bad one. Being as I also own a R-75,
FRG8800, Sat800, VR-5000, and many other "lesser" radios, I believe I have
an idea of what a "good" radio is capable of. A Winradio for less than
$400? I only paid $359 for my PCR a couple months ago. Incidentally, Talk
PCR is an XLNT software package for the 1000. Best of all, it's free!

"Matt" wrote in message
Probably would be, but why buy Icom? The PCR1000 is deaf and has very

poor
software control and support - I bought onebased on the glowing reports
about it. Still have it, but use it only for local high powered

stations -
use my winradio for other freqs that actually require a little bit of
sensitivity.
I am not sure of the price differences now, but when I bought my PCR1000

and
my Winradio (1500E), the winradio was actually cheaper, had (and still

does)
better performance, and the software support is miles ahead of Icom. Have

think about going Winradio - better radio and at last look, better priced.

Matt

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
Would that unit be compatible with English language software?
Thanks.