Old September 14th 04, 01:43 AM
SamSez

"Matt" wrote in message
Probably would be, but why buy Icom? The PCR1000 is deaf and has very poor
software control and support - I bought onebased on the glowing reports
about it. Still have it, but use it only for local high powered stations -
use my winradio for other freqs that actually require a little bit of
sensitivity.
I am not sure of the price differences now, but when I bought my PCR1000 and
my Winradio (1500E), the winradio was actually cheaper, had (and still does)
better performance, and the software support is miles ahead of Icom. Have a
think about going Winradio - better radio and at last look, better priced.

Matt

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
Would that unit be compatible with English language software?
Thanks.

Having compared both, even if the 1500E was cheaper [which I've never seen to be
the case], I'd still take the 1000 any day.