Old September 14th 04, 03:00 AM
Jim

Just when I thought I got the scanner narrowed down to buy, you tell me it is
a poor choice. I hate you!!! *grin*

Are you really shure Winradio is a better choice than Icom?

"Matt" wrote in message ...
Probably would be, but why buy Icom? The PCR1000 is deaf and has very poor
software control and support - I bought onebased on the glowing reports
about it. Still have it, but use it only for local high powered stations -
use my winradio for other freqs that actually require a little bit of
sensitivity.
I am not sure of the price differences now, but when I bought my PCR1000 and
my Winradio (1500E), the winradio was actually cheaper, had (and still does)
better performance, and the software support is miles ahead of Icom. Have a
think about going Winradio - better radio and at last look, better priced.

Matt