Old September 15th 04, 02:48 AM
A.Pismo Clam

Default Terk 55 Antenna Suitable for Scanning?

It has a bandwidth from 54-806 Megahertz. It is compact, can be used
indoors or mounted outside. I am a tinkerer and was just wondering what
some of you more savvy antenna Elmer's thought and how well you all
think it might work...or not work.

Here are some of the specs:

receives UHF, VHF, and HDTV/SDTV signals
operational bandwidth: 54-806 MHz
broadband helical-coil single element
ultra-low-noise, impedance-matched amplifier
amplifier gain: 10 dB
output impedance: 75 ohms
rustproof, high-strength aluminum body, silicone-sealed for weather
resistance
threaded F-connector for connection to RG6 cable (not included)
includes power injector, sill and mast mounting brackets, flat coax cable
46-5/8"W x 4"H x 3-3/4"D

Should I just stick with my Diamond Discone and forget tinkering with
the Terk 55?

If you want more info on the antenna, here is the company's link:

http://www.terk.com/pdfs/tv55.pdf

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain