Old September 15th 04, 02:08 PM
SamSez

"Matt" wrote in message

Hmmm, cheap winradio - well, not sure if you will see one in the secondhand
market as few people will sell theirs. My winradio is about 6 or 7 years
old now and still continues to be used, and about the only way I would sell
it is if I could get near to replacement cost for a 1550E (unlikely at
that).
I have noticed more software for the PCR1000 floating around the net, but in
my opinion it isn't as useable or functionable as the winradio software
which offers the same and more - there are trunking modes that only winradio
is said to be able to track (sorry, not into that part of the hobby, so
unable to provide more specific information).
According to the online shopping page, the 1550E is US$600 - not sure how
that compares with the PCR1000 prices in the states, but at the time that I
bought my winradio and PCR1000, the winradio was the cheaper of the two (OK,
it was 6-7 years ago now). Have just had a look around the winradio site,
and I reckon I would love to have one of the 3700E models that are the site,
but the price kind of puts me off it ($3000).

Matt

Or, there are fewer on the second hand market as there are far fewer sold in the
first place?

Or, as the price is higher, and there are rarely [never?] company sponsored
price incentives, they are less likely to wind up as an unwanted impulse
purchase?