Old September 16th 04, 12:12 AM
Jeff

"A.Pismo Clam" wrote in message
It has a bandwidth from 54-806 Megahertz. It is compact, can be used
indoors or mounted outside. I am a tinkerer and was just wondering what
some of you more savvy antenna Elmer's thought and how well you all
think it might work...or not work.

Here are some of the specs:

receives UHF, VHF, and HDTV/SDTV signals
operational bandwidth: 54-806 MHz
broadband helical-coil single element
ultra-low-noise, impedance-matched amplifier
amplifier gain: 10 dB
output impedance: 75 ohms
rustproof, high-strength aluminum body, silicone-sealed for weather
resistance

TV is horizontally polarized so the Terk is made to be mounted
horizontally. I suppose it could be made to mounted vertically, but like
any active antenna it will pick up noise, moreso than the Diamond
discone. I have experimented with active antennas for scanners in the
past and found them to be a poor choice. Dont even think of buying
one of those amps that you set by your scanner, it will pick up ALL the
noise of the antenna and coax, and generally be a pain to use. I say
stick with the Diamond and good low loss coax.

Jeff