Old September 16th 04, 07:07 PM
Paul Keenleyside

"krackula" wrote in message

actually ............

the " next " generation of cordless phones will be UWB phones
operating in the 5 and 10 gig spectrum.

No no that's not it.

People will eventually get tired of cell phones and the ripoffs from the
celluar phone companies and go back to
the good old days before cellphones of using a pay phone or politely asking
"May I please use your phone to make a local call?"

Or just telling people "I will be at [name of destination]. If you need me
for something important, call me at
[telephone number]. I'll be there from [time of arrival] to [time of
departure]" Or, "this is [name of caller], at [location] calling.
Is there anything to be picked up between here and [next destination]?"

You now the way things used to work before cell phones came along.

That way people won't have to put up with the discourtesy of a friend
yakking on the phone during dinner at a restaurant.

Or some twit using his cellphone and not paying attention while driving.

Teenagers of course can bug Mom and Dad for a phone, but it will be one of
those cream colored desk phones with a handset. Tied into the home phone
number so that Mom or Dad can hear what Junior is talking about and to who.

Of course the teenager will see the phone and ask:

"What's that thing?" "It's called a telephone."
"Does it take a picture?" "No".
"Ring tones?" "You can beep off Mary Had a Little Lamb on it"
"Email?" "You use your computer for that"
"Call Waiting?" "Sure. Sit in the chair and wait for it to ring".

Scanners of course will become so sophisticated that Dad can listen in on
digital encrypted signals right out of the box,
eliminating "Sam The Scannerman" and his basement brewed scanner
modifications that the police know about, but
Sam doesn't know the police know.