Old September 18th 04, 11:42 PM
Tempest

Thanks for the info. I'll probably snag that Winscan somehow. The site
doesn't seem secure at all, but oh well.

As an aside -- I sent an email to that ScanPro site asking for a
refund and I didn't hear anything at all for a few days.

Low and behold, I checked my Paypal balance today and they refunded my
money without even asking a single question!

I didn't like the software but I'm sure impressed with those guys.

Kevin

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:40:36 -0400, michael agner
wrote:

I'm not sure about Scanner Master not having a secure site; they
carry a THAWTE document, so I do believe that's a non issue.
Winscan 2.1 (Winscan895 morphed into this with the addition of
support for the 245) is about the best, and would do most of what you've
stated here. Radio Manager 2002 can also do much of this, but requires
buying RecAll Pro as a seperate add in for recording with date/time
stamp. I've never had much luck running this software; it constantly
misses lookups, no matter how much I tweak the timing options, and Trunk
Manager (which is required for some of the functions), is in my opinion,
highly overblown.
I agree with you re Scancat; the version I tried worked very well for
trunking, but didn't work at all when scanning conventionally.
Personally I don't like that software at all; the version I tried didn't
support Multi Tracking for the other Uniden scanners, and to me, that's
a serious problem.
By the way, don't even think of contacting Pozilla for tech support
on Winscan 2.1; they very rarely - if ever - respond to questions.
However, there are 2 895 related Yahoo groups on which you can post
questions, and you're likely to get answers:

73s and sri to be the bearer of such crapy news...Mike