Old September 30th 04, 09:07 AM
Matt

"Dan Jacobson" wrote in message
Matt Although people will tell you that you have to use 50 ohm cable
Matt for communications type equipment (including scanners), the
Matt reality is that few of us will notice the difference it makes.

When later one graduates to ham radio, both transmitting and
receiving, one will be glad one chose 50 ohm cable.

I am also an amateur radio operator and have been for quite a few years now.
I personally use 50 ohm cable for all of my installs, BUT, for the average
user, they will not notice the difference on receive only runs - sorry
should have made it clearer that it was for receive only use.

Matt