Old May 25th 04, 12:30 AM
Fractenna

As I have said many times here, The B&W antenna is for those that need
it not those who can/need/want to use other means of connecting with the
ether. It is definitely not the most efficient means of wireless
communications but it is definitely fool proof in operation.

Dave WD9BDZ

From what I can see, this is basically a military antenna sold to hams, hence
the high price. I think it is pretty reliable for what it delivers, and at 65
feet long, that's a pretty good solution many times. Just get it HIGH up.

Incidentally, I am at W3EF's right now and guest op'ing the night. He typically
works EU on 40M in mid-afternoon with 150 watts. Of course, the tower IS at 126
feet....:-)

His option was 3 els linear loaded at 126 feet vs 5 els trapped at 50 feet. I
don't think he regrets the decision.

Remember the other added bonus: less neighbor RFI with a higher antenna!

73,
Chip N1IR