Old October 5th 04, 02:47 AM
Bruce Markowitz

The newest shipping version has the bug fixed. It does Mil Air just fine. It
is a lot easier to program and use than the Uniden, and the digital audio
and audio in general is FAR superior.
"Jim" wrote in message
newsXj8d.90$Ua.20@trndny05...
Stay away from the Rat Shack. The Pro-96 has a firmware bug concerning

the
reception of some analog talkgroups.
Rat Shack had the nerve to tell me that a fix might be possible based on

MY
PROXIMITY to the affected system.

What a joke. I returned mine and bought a Uniden, which has mil air and

no
bugs.

"hobergenix" wrote in message
om...
Is Radio shack planning on putting out a mobile or base digital scanner?
Their handheld scanner is a little disapointing in that it leaves out

the
UHF Aero band. I have also looked at the ARO box that will hook up to a

10.7
If output on some radios but I think the little box sells for 369.95.

mike