Old October 15th 04, 05:52 PM
Jim

"Jason G." wrote in message
news:yXPbd.369468$mD.242989@attbi_s02...
If you are here in New England where project 25 (digital) is heavily in

use
and you gotta have digital, I would like to recommend the Pro-96 or the
mobile version when it comes out. The multi level menus in the 796 can be
confusing while the Pro-96 is straightforward and works without having to
set up banks with special settings to decode the apco 25.

Good luck!

Jason

I would forget anything from radio shack. The Pro 96 has a firmware defect.
No mil air (without Win96). No serial connection for computer control. Go
with the 796. Read the manual. If you can, get SCANCAT or ARC250 software
and program it with a computer. Definitely not Plug-N-Play, but that's half

"Brent" wrote in message
I am buying my first scanner a, thinking about Uniden BC796D. I am an
retired and looking for something to do. I don't want to buy a cheap

one
and then wish I hadn't. I would like to hear any positive or negative

feed
backs. They have them for sale on eBay for $569.00.
Thanks ahead of time