Old May 25th 04, 02:54 AM
Bob

Default ADVICE: Lookng for an economical portable multiband HF Vertical

Here's the scenario:

I'm looking for a portable HF vertical suitable for 'rented cottage'
installations. So it must be easily mountable on either the ground, or
perhaps bolted to 3 or 4 ten foot sections of chain-link fence rail.
(makes a nice temporary guyed mast) It must be easy to put up and take
down and put on a roof rack of a minivan.

I would prefer to not need ground radials, although if I use guy wire
instead of rope it might work, but not needing ground radials is the
preferred solution.

There's usually a heavy canopy of trees overhanging most of the
locations, so rotating even the smallest of beams is not an option.

Anyone have experience on this one?

Thanks!
B.