Old October 17th 04, 07:37 PM
DougSlug

I think the LPDA response was to illustrate the point that in the absence of
any real-world contraints or requirements, one might provide an idealized
solution. It correctly answers the question, but might not apply to the
OP's situation. Perhaps Brent can provide a few additional requirements,
such as cost, mounting limitations, bands of interest, etc.?

"Lou" wrote in message
erio.net...
"BrightStar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:32:22 +0200, Volker Tonn
wrote:

Brent wrote:
What is a good outdoor antenna to use for a Uniden BC796D?

LPDA mounted on a 200ft mast with a rotator feeding into AirCommplus
cable or better with a lownoise preamp sitting at the feeding point.

Can I have YOUR budget. Open for adoption ????

A 200' "mast"?.... Be it a mast or tower, in most cases - you would have
to have to now apply for a permit to install it - from your city/borough
government, as most codes now days don't allow for those things. I doubt
they would allow a mast. As for a "tower", assuming you get the permit
from the local government, then you have to see if it will need registered
with the FCC. There again, paperwork. Then there is the cost of the 200'
tower. Not a cheap investment. And all this for a "SCANNER"? I don't think
so. Out of most people's reach and over kill.

Lou