Old October 20th 04, 05:02 PM
John

Default Bearcat,Radio Shack,Icom?? Which Scanner should I buy???

Hello Group: I would love to hear everyone opinons on which Handheld Scanner
I should purchase? I am kind of new to scanners although I have an old
Cobra 100 channel (20 years old) unit that I use for police. I am a little
confused about all the new technology like trunked radios which I admit I
don't know anything about. If I had a budget of about $ 200.00 , which radio
would I get the most bang for my buck? I want a handheld radio thats going
to give me good reception off the handheld antenna (rubber ducky) and again
what are trunked radios. Thanks for any insight you can give, John