Old October 25th 04, 03:23 PM
Mark Hickey

(George Herbert Walker) wrote:

Java Man wrote in message able.net...
In article ,
says...

What do you think that was if not a wire?

Wrong question.

If someone wanted to wire GWB for the debates, it would not have been
necessary to put a wire in ANY location where it could be visible.

If you mean the putative wire under the tie, I agree.
If you mean the bulge and wire on the back, I disagree. The device is
small but a wire has to run from it to the induction wire around the
neck. There aren't too many places to put it, and that wire must go up
to and around the neck. Recall though that the Bushies insisted on a
regulation for the debate that no shots should be taken from behind.
They also insisted on a regulation that there should be a private room
just off stage for each candidate to have a staffer.

So you're suggesting that the President of the US can't find someone
to hook him up with a "wire" that's as sophisticated as something I
could cobble together with stuff in my garage (if I were to actually
buy something, I'd simply use connection wiring that would be
virtually invisible under TV conditions).

And one would have to wonder why they'd route the thing OUTSIDE his
shirt (I know - he had a trick electric tie, but it failed to squirt
water across the stage at Kerry...).

You conspiracy theorists are entertaining though...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame